Post your favorite movies that you never get tired of watching.
This really depends on my mood and some I just treasure without necessarily wanting to watch all the time. You can say I’m definitely a sucker for “chick flicks”, the romantic movies, comedies with a love interest, historic movies, fantasy, … . I like a wide variety, as long as it’s not an action, thriller or horror movie. I’ll watch action movies on occasion, but you’ll never find one in my top list. So what is my top list?
- Le fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulin (or Amélie for short): I love this movie, because the main character reminds me so much of myself, afraid to break if I interact with the outside world too much, but loving an intrigue and being a behind the scenes heroine and eventually taking a chance on life and winning (small spoiler alert?).
- Lord of the Rings trilogy, the extended version: sure it takes you a day to watch them all, but beautiful elves, brave knights, dwarves, halflings, unlikely heroes and ugly bad guys, … The story has it all!
- Love actually: all the facets and trials and trebulations of love in all its many forms. What’s not to love?
- Dead poets society: the idea of being made to believe that you’re more than just a number in a school, unconventional teaching that also teaches you about life, wishing I’d had a teacher like that, …
- Pride and prejudice (or basically most of these period drama’s): again the story of a young woman going against what’s expected of her in a bid to be herself and having to come to terms with her own prejudices and growing from them (and spoiler alert, eventually landing a very dapper and well off man) , a heroine I can relate to. I’m well aware that things didn’t happen like that in those days and that this is a story after all, but a girl can dream, can’t she?
I think I’ll stick to 5 today. I’m sure there are more, but these are the ones off the top of my head. Feel free to share your own favorites.